I don’t think a meal is complete without the bread. I’m a carb-aholic, and so having some sort of bread type at the dinner table is a necessity. I have been making these rolls for years now and I haven’t found a single recipe that beats them. They are perfect for a fancy dinner, good for a leftover sandwich and more. My kids have them for late night snacks and sometimes I do too.
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1⅓ cups warm milk
- 9 Tablespoons I Can't Believe Its Not Butter Spread, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups flour
- Place ¼ teaspoon sugar and yeast into the warm water. Whisk together until fully incorporated then let set for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Place the ⅓ cup sugar, milk, 5 Tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, egg, salt and yeast mixture into a mixing bowl with the whisk attachment. Mix until completely smooth.
- Then slowly add 2 cups flour and mix on low. Then switch to the hood attachment and on low speed, add the remaining 2½ cups of flour. Let knead for 4-5 minutes. The dough will be sticky but firm.
- Place the dough in a large greased mixing bowl and cover with a towel and let the dough rise for an hour and a half.
- Once the dough is done rising, punch it back down and divide the dough in half. Roll each one out into a 12 inch circle, on a floured surface. Use about 2 Tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on each half, spread it across the whole circle. Then using a pizza cutter, divide the dough in half, then quarters, and then each quarter into thirds. Roll them up from wide end to skinny creating a crescent roll.
- Place the rolled up dough onto a greased baking sheet, 3 rolls of 8 will fit. Let the dough rise for an hour, until double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375º and bake the rolls for 13-16 minutes.
- Once you remove the rolls from the oven, spread I Can't Believe It's Not Butter across the top of the warm rolls. Serve warm, or store the remaining in an air tight container.
We love the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spread. It worked fantastic with this baked recipe and the spread is great and smooth to pair with these rolls.
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is made from real, simple ingredients – 100% taste, 0% artificial preservatives – and is still unbelievably delicious!
- It’s easy to believe the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spreads can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet because you can trust what’s inside.
- The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® offers a fresh butter taste to add flavor to any meal, and can be used for spreading, topping, sautéing, cooking or baking.
Do you have rolls at most of your big dinners?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
A few other ideas you may love: