I love a fresh summer salad during the
warm hot summer months. It’s so refreshing to have the cold veggies, with just a light dressing on it. And it’s always a perfect combination to the warm BBQ meat on the grill. So when we had our early Father’s Day dinner on Sunday, I threw this salad together and chilled it until the meal was ready. It was perfect with our grilled wings and other yummy BBQ food! I’m looking forward to making it all summer, and especially for our 4th of July BBQ. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser so it will be great for a big group.
- Broccoli Florettes
- cubed cucumber
- sliced olives
- grape halves
- bowtie pasta
- chopped pecans
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 2 Tblspn raspberry vinaigarette
- 3 Tblspn Xyloburst sweetener
- Cut up all veggies & fruit and place in a large serving bowl. Cook bowtie pasta according to package (typically 12-15 minutes). Rinse and combine pasta with the fruit & veggies.
- Stir together the yogurt, vinaigarette and sweetner in a small mixing bowl. Then add to the salad, a tablespoon or so at a time. Only add enough to cover the salad.
- Cover and chill in the fridge until serving time.
A few other posts you may love: