This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of Macy’s; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
It’s that time of year again, BACK TO SCHOOL TIME!! You guys, I love love love love all the adventures and memories we made during Summer break. But we are at the point where my kids fight all day long and nothing is good enough to keep them entertained longer than 5 minutes. We all need a little break from one another, and we need to be on a set schedule again. So we are COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS until the kids are back in school again, and completing our back to school checklist. The most exciting for everyone of course, is doing our BTS clothes shopping. Between how much the kids have grown this Summer and how much they have trashed their clothes, they definitely need a new wardrobe!
So we headed out to Macy’s to get some shopping done, and it was so much fun. This is the first year the kids will be going back to school at the same time, and they had such a blast clothes shopping together. In years past we’ve done Will’s shopping and once he is in school we take Gracie to do hers. But this year they even sat and helped each other pick out clothes, and they were so fun to watch critique one another’s outfits.
It was also really fun to watch the kids’ personalities come out in the clothes they picked. Gracie fell in love with this feather dress and says she’s gonna wear it on her first day of school! We’ll see if she changes her mind before school actually starts.
These gold trimmed leggings were my favorite. How darling are they?!
Once we got home, we started prepping the kids’ weekly school outfits. This system is the best I’ve found for young kids. We take just a few minutes over the weekend to plan EVERYTHING for the following week. This gets clothes, socks, undies, accessories and even hair stuff all in one place so that they can easily grab and get themselves dressed first thing in the morning without any help or arguments…..no time to deal with the outfit meltdowns in the morning!
I have these over the door shoe organizers that are the perfect solution to our outfit problems. I hang them on the inside of the closet doors for the kids, and each weekend we plan out what they will wear for the next week.
I created weekday labels (download here) and laminated them. Then I used a paper clip to attach them to the far left pocket for that day. I then have 4 pockets for each day of the week, and a few extras at the top of the organizer for anything else we need to throw in there.
Once outfits were picked out, I carefully roll them down so they will fit inside the pockets. The first pocket, the one with the day label, is for undies, socks, tights, and any accessories that will be needed that day. The next 2 pockets are for clothes, whether it’s pants, shirts, dresses or leggings, they usually fit into the two pockets. Then I use the last pocket for shoes. Because shoes will occasionally be shared between days, sometimes this will be left empty until they are warn with the previous outfit.
Each kid has a step stool inside their closet so I don’t have to worry bout them not being able to reach their pockets. But your little ones might need some help getting their clothes out if they can’t reach them.
If you haven’t gotten your BTS shopping done, I have a sweepstakes for you. Macy’s and Juicy Juice are teaming up together to give away a $5,000 shopping spree for some fantastic BTS shopping!!! They are asking you to share a “misfit” picture of your child in stuff they’ve outgrown for a chance to win a trip to New York City + a Perfect Fit shopping trip for their child at Macy’s Herald Square + Juicy Juice product for a year!!! HELLO!! I wanna win!
There are 3 ways to enter the sweepstakes
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/JuicyJuiceUSA and click the Juicy Juice Back to School Sweepstakes tab link.
- You can receive a bonus entry by sharing the sweepstake via Twitter! The tweet must contain #PerfectFitSweeps to be eligible.
- Uploading your photo/story and along with the hashtag #perfectfitsweeps and mention @JuicyJuiceUSA
- You must be a @JuicyJuiceUSA follower and have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public” to receive a Direct Message (“DM”).
- Upload your Photo with the hashtag #perfectfitsweeps
- You must be a @JuicyjuiceUSA Instagram follower to enter.
- One (1) Grand Prize: A 3-day/2-night trip for winner and three (3) travel companions (including child depicted/described in Entry) to New York, NY. Trip includes round trip coach class air transportation from major airport closest to winner’s home to New York, NY, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (based on quad occupancy), $250 spending money, awarded in the form of a check, a “Perfect Fit” shopping spree, awarded in the form of a $5,000 Sponsor-specified gift card, two (2) Macy’s personal shoppers (pending availability), one (1) hour with a make-up artist in Macy’s beauty department (pending availability), and a one (1) year’s supply of Juicy Juice product.
- Twenty (20) First Prizes: A $50 Macy’s gift card and a voucher for a Sponsor-specified Juicy Juice® product, up to a maximum value of $10.
- Thirty (30) Second Prizes: A $25 Macy’s gift card and a voucher for a Sponsor-specified Juicy Juice® product up to a maximum value of $5.
Good luck to all my followers. I would love if one of you won the trip to NYC for your kids!!!