This is THE FAVORITE dinner at the Barker house. Seriously, the second someone starts to fill under the weather the first thing they request is the homemade chicken noodle soup. I never mind making it, even when I am the one sick, because it seriously takes 5 minutes to prep the whole thing and then you can walk away while it’s cooking.
- 2 large chicken breasts (frozen and unthawed is fine)
- 8-10 cups water
- 4 large carrots - peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 celery stalks - cut into bite size pieces
- ½ sweet white onion
- 1 package no yolk noodles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- Peel and cut your vegetables. Combine water, chicken breast, and vegetables in a large cooking pot. Boil until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are soft. Add the noodles, cream of chicken soup, and chicken bouillon powder. Stir until well incorporated. Let boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm and store in an air tight container and in the fridge.
This is seriously the best for both when someone is sick as well as a chilly day. When it’s raining or snowing or even just an overcast day this is the perfect meal!