Mini donuts are the greatest thing ever. They are little so they don’t make you feel like you’re being a huge pig (even if you might eat 20 of them!) and they make breakfast so much fun. Oh, and did I mention it’s pretty much eating dessert for breakfast?! So of course I couldn’t keep the mini donut excitement to myself and brought in 9 other fabulous bloggers to also share some mini donut recipes as well today!
Have you seen my cinnamon roll cake posted on the site last year? It’s divine, and so using the same recipe/concept for these donuts make these just as incredible. You can make them using either a donut maker like the one I have, or a donut pan in the oven.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ cube cream cheese
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. In an electric mixer combine eggs, vanilla, milk and ½ cup melted butter. Then slowly add in dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth
- Use the cake mixture and fill each slot ⅔ of the way full. Then top with ½ teaspoon cinnamon mixture, and closet the lid. When the light turns green, remove the donuts from the maker. After every 2-3 batches, wipe the cinnamon mixture off the lid with a paper towel to keep it clean.
- Fill each spot about ⅓ of the way with the cake batter. Then put ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon mixture into each spot and then fill another ⅓ full with cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes (check with a toothpick)
- Let the donuts cool
- Mix ingredients until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle the frosting over the top of the donuts.
My kids loved the donuts without the frosting, but I’m a cream cheese frosting lover, so of course I had to lather mine. That’s the fun part about these. You can do some without, some with a little and others completely covered in frosting!
Serve with some cold milk and you can even dunk them. They are perfect size to fit into a cup!
Make sure you check out the other 9 fabulous donut recipes participating in the hop today. Just click on the picture or title below to grab the recipe.
Check out these other awesome posts you’re sure to love: