This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
I am so excited for all the warm weather we have been having. The heat has brought us outside for 90% of the day. Whether we are at the splash pad, playing in the yard with friends or running thru the sprinklers, our days have been packed with friends and tons of fun. So I knew that I had to come up with a recipe that would serve a bunch of people, was super easy and yummy for everyone involved.
I came up with this 4 ingredient ice-cream pie a few weeks ago, and we have loved eating it and playing around with adding in different flavors. Oh yeah, you read that right, it’s only 4 INGREDIENTS!!!
I used the Kool-Aid Easy Mix to create the cherry flavor for my pie. I also sampled others at the in store demo at Walmart, I’ve also purchased some Grape and Tropical Punch and all 3 have been so good. And the mix is also so easy to mix, that we have been drinking it non stop on our picnics as well!
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts (or 18 mini crusts)
- 1.5 qt vanilla ice cream (slightly thawed)
- 1 - 8 oz Cool Whip (room temp)
- 3 Tablespoons Kool-Aid Easy Mix flavoring
- Bring your ice cream and cool whip to close to room temperature so they can be easily mixed together. Place the ice cream, cool whip and Kool-Aid Easy Mix into a large mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust until completely filled. Place the pie in the freezer completely flat and let sit for 4 hours or overnight until fully set and firm.
- Cut and serve.
We have made these pies in both a full size pie and also small individual ones. There is not one that I prefer over the other, but I think for a big group hanging out together the small ones are perfect. There’s no dishing up, just let everyone grab their own from the freezer and there you have it!!
They would also be super fun for a bake sale or to sell at a lemonade stand this summer!!! Just keep them in a cooler for people to buy on the spot!
How would you make this ice cream pie unique?
These are just a few reasons why I love the new Kool-Aid Easy Mix
- Just Add Water
- Really easy and convenient to make.
- You can make it in a pitcher or a glass. Makes 6 quarts or 3 pitchers
- 50% less sugar than leading regular sodas
- A quick, refreshing beverage the whole family will enjoy.