I am a breakfast person. If I could eat one meal all day I would definitely pick a hearty breakfast over and over. I love everything from Eggs, meat, veggies and can’t forget hash browns with a good bread of some sort on the side! I was raised having a hot breakfast most mornings and loved that the whole family has another reason to gather around the dinner table together.
BUT – I have to be honest that now I am the mom, sometimes it is hard to get up and prep a full meal before rushing out to the bus or for other morning errands. So having an easy prep meal is great but even better is ones that you can do THE NIGHT BEFORE!!! This breakfast casserole is just that; easy and prepped the night before. And even better, it combines all of my favorite aspects in one, with fresh products like the Simply Potatoes used.
- 1 package Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 lb sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- onion powder
- (other veggies wanted)
- Start by browning your sausage in a saucepan on the stove. Combine any other vegetables that need to be sautéed during the second half of the browning process. Drain any grease once fully cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns, meat/veggie mixture, 1 cup of cheese and all seasonings. Stir until fully mixed together. Then pour everything into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the eggs and milk. Then evenly pour over the hash brown mixture. Top the whole thing off with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight (at least 8 hours)
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350•. Uncover the dish and bake for 1 hour until eggs are fully cooked and edges are browned.
- Cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
My favorite part of this whole recipe is the ease of using Simply Potatoes. If you haven’t used them, you NEED TO! They are already prepared, but fresh, potatoes. They don’t freeze their product, so you can find it in the refrigerated section at the store. Mine are on the top shelf by the eggs! They not only have shredded hash browns, but seasoned and cut ones for tons of other meal types.