This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartofLife #CollectiveBias
Make sure you always have the essentials with you, and make yourself a DIY Essentials wallet made using a hot pad and ziplock baggies. Simple and SO convenient.
I don’t know about you guys, but when I go out on a date with my hubby all my mind is thinking about is “GET OUT”. I don’t always think about grabbing all the essentials before walking out the door. If I don’t leave ASAP I’ll have 2 kids wrapped around my legs and will never escape. So keeping this essentials wallet in my purse or car is a MUST.
What’s inside my essentials wallet:
- A mini sewing kit for those on the go sewing fixes
- Advil tablet vial
- An extra pack of tissues
- lens wipes for my glasses
- bandaids & an antibiotic ointment
- Chapstick Total Hydration – duh…kissable lips
- Emergen-C vitamin supplement
Ok, so you start with a square hot pad in your favorite design (I got mine, along with all the fun things inside, from Walmart!) and some sandwich size baggies with a zip top.
Lay about 6 bags all facing the same direction, on top of the back of your hot pad. The zip part needs to be even to the top of the hot pad, where the little loop is. Then lay another 6 the other direction with the tops even with the bottom edge of the hot pad. Using a straight stitch, sew a straight line down the center of the hot pad (you can measure…or just eye it like I did) and make sure to back stitch at the beginning and end of your line.
Once they are all held in place, use a pair of scissors to cut off the bottoms of the baggies that are no longer accessible because of the stitch!
The inside is now done….EASY RIGHT?!
Find a cute contrasting (or matching) button that you can put on the front for the closure. Using a hand stitch, attach it to the center of the bottom, opposite from the loop.
Now you can hold the whole wallet closed by hooking the loop over the button.
Learn more about some of the fabulous products in my wallet
- Emergen-C give your more healthy days & nights. With over 20 varieties of supplement drink mixes, they give you the flavor and fun you are looking for.
- Advil Tablet Vial can be used for headaches, minor arthritis and other joint pain, muscle aches and pains of the common cold. Nothing’s stronger, longer lasting or better on your tough aches and pains than Advil, and nothing works on more pains than Advil (among OTC pain relievers).
- ChapStick Total Hydration is 100% Natural and age defying and instantly smoothes and moisturizes. With omega 6&9 it’s clinically proven for healthier looking lips.