This is a recipe that is sure to be a hit with your family. But not only is it great for any regular meal but also perfect if you’re having a great get together with friends to watch a game on TV or a picnic during the upcoming warm spring day. Obviously you’ll need to double or triple the recipe for a large group though.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups purple grapes - sliced in half
- 2 large celery stalks - thinly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- ½ cup mayo
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sweet apple (type of choice) thinly sliced
- Whole wheat pitas
- orange flavored almonds
- Combine the chicken, grapes and celery into a large bowl. In a separate smaller bowl combine the orange juice, mayo, and salt and pepper. Stir it all together. Stir the sauce into the chicken mixture, and toss in some orange almonds. Chill until ready to serve
- Place about 4 of the thinly sliced apples into half of the pita then fill the pita with the chicken mixture, and top off with the orange almonds. Then serve .
I found the orange almonds next to the produce at Walmart. I know that it seems kinda weird to put emphasis on the almonds, but they truly make the whole salad pop a little more. It’s one of the pieces that make the salad even better for summertime.
Sean and I had chicken salad sandwiches at our wedding reception so it’s always had a place in our heart. Does that sound dumb to have sentimental feelings toward food?!
What is a food that you have sentimental feelings toward?!
Some other posts you may love: