This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine.
Wow guys, talk about a busy few weeks full of fun and excitement and a whole lot of work. I’m not sure if you saw my Instagram post that I took on a new healthy challenge of getting my life back while working on me and my insides. I joined a bunch of ladies in my neighborhood for a morning walking group and it’s been amazing. It’s forced me to look at my health an reevaluate a bunch of my life and where I would rather be putting my focuses. Now before you get all worried, this is NOT going to become a fitness blog, this is not going to become a health fanatic blog. This is still going to be ME doing ME. So if I’m eating a mint brownie trifle (is it kinda funny that these two posts are back to back!?) then I’m gonna tell you about it. If I’m training to run a marathon (ha!) than I’m gonna tell you about it. I know that I’m not the only mom who has started to “focus on me” a million times since having kids, and have quickly reverted back to the “I don’t have time, the kids are more important” mentality. Well….I decided that I was going to make the time this year and prioritize my life better to make room for the fabulous ME!!! I went on the search for the perfect quick mommy foods.
- Things that I can quickly grab while finishing homework in the mornings.
- Something that can be made the night before and thrown in the oven as the kids are bathing.
- Something that tasted good enough for the whole family to eat so that I didn’t have to make multiple breakfasts each morning
- Food that was good for us; all of us
I have found a few recipes that have met most if not all of these criteria and I’m so glad. Because now I can get breakfast before heading to my workouts in the morning. I can feel light on my feet and on my tummy so I’m not getting sick as I jump around for an hour at the gym. And best of all, my kids love them too, so we all get to sit down at the table and eat breakfast together, instead of me making them breakfast and then continuing to make me something while they are eating their food. Today I’m sharing one that I came across on the AllWhites website and we have LOVED it. Not only have we made this exact recipe twice, but the kids got creative and we substitutes 3 cups of random veggies that we had on hand and they were totally just as delicious. And to make this recipe even better, each egg cup is only 40 calories!!!
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dry pack sun-dried tomatoes (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 cups AllWhites Egg Whites
- 2 T Parmesan cheese
- 1 t dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350•F
- Chop all of your vegetables and put them in a microwave safe bowl (I use my pampered chef steamer bowl) Add about 1/3 cup of water and microwave on high for approx. 3 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then add in the seasonings and cheese. Mix well.
- Drain excess water and then spoon the veggies evenly into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Pour the egg whites over the top of the veggies until approx. 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake cups for 22-24 minutes and remove from the pan immediately after cooking and let cool on a wire rack.
PS- check out the steamer bowl that I use to steam all my veggies in the microwave. It will quickly become your best friend. Now you tell me what your favorite easy, quick, go to healthy breakfast is. Something my family has to try.
And one lucky reader is gonna win coupons for a months worth of AllWhites Egg Whites. Think of all the fabulous breakfasts and other recipes you can make with them! Just enter on the giveaway widget below.
A few reasons I love using AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites:
- 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk
- Naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free
- Located in the refrigerated dairy section
- Can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs
- A lean source of protein that’s easily kept on hand
- 0 PointsPlus® value per serving on the Weight Watchers® program