Have I mentioned how much I love football season? I may loose the attention of my husband a few hours a day a couple days a week. But when I can sit next to him and watch too, eat a bunch of good food and hear my little ones cheating on usually the wrong team!
Last week we threw a party and I’m so excited to share all the details with you today. Plus at the end, of course there’s free printables!
What’s the best part of a party? THE FOOD. I’ll tell you the biggest hit of the whole thing, with both the adults and kids was the OREO cookie balls. We decorated our with the colors of the favorite football team.
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
Optional: Once we made the OREO cookie ball, I melted some chocolate and colored it with gel food coloring. Put it into a zip lock and snip the corner, then drizzle across the cooled OREO cookie ball.
We then had ribs, chips, and tons of soda.
Everyone, especially all the kids in attendance LOVED it!
Half way thru our game, the kids snuck the rest of the food under the table. They thought they were being super sneaky…but I still got a fun photo of them.
It was such a fun time getting friends and family together for a party. Are you gonna party it up for The Big Game? Make sure to print out the printable pack below and throw your own fabulous party. Oh, and make sure you make the OREO cookie ball recipe. It will be the biggest hit ever!