You guys kill me. I’ve never gotten so many emails or private messages on Facebook asking for me to create a recipe for something. In my Dirty Dr Pepper Floats I used a store bought coconut ice cream but I had a ton of people telling me that they couldn’t find any at their local store but they HAD to try the floats. so I took on your challenge; and after a bunch of trial and error, I have a recipe that I have devoured and you are sure to enjoy as well!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Place the heavy whipping cream in a large freezer safe bowl with lid. Beat with an electric mixer on high until the cream forms stiff peaks. Then add all remaining ingredients into the bowl, except the coconut) and combine on low speed until fully incorporated. Top the cream with the coconut flake and seal with the lid.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours (maybe longer depending on the depth of your bowl) or overnight.
- Serve frozen topped with more coconut flakes if desired
This recipe is so yummy, and it makes a lot. So there’s a ton of different ways to enjoy it. Of course you can serve it in a Dirty Dr Pepper float like so many of you wanted the recipe for. But it’s also really yummy with a bit of lime zest shaved over the top. And of course not many other toppings would be as amazing as caramel topping drizzled over the top of it.
I have to tell you that this summer has been a MESSY one for us. My kids are always being told “go outside and wash off before stepping foot in the house”. No matter if we’ve been at the park, playing in the yard, or splurging on some ice cream, they always seen to be a complete mess and then try to come inside. One of my sidekicks has been a Wet-Nap canister. They are always in our pool bag, by the front door and in the car. It seems like every time I’m at Walmart I am buying a new can because we got thru them quickly with my two messy kids. But right now there’s a coupon for $.55 off your Wet-Nap purchase. You should be able to find these in the napkin aisle by the paper goods. But my Walmart doesn’t carry them there. If yours doesn’t either, the the health/beauty aisle by the 1-tips! That’s where I can find mine.
I can always expect my kids to ask for an ice cream cone as soon as they finish dinner. With how easy and cheap homemade ice cream can be, and inexpensive cones, I never have a problem telling them no.
Th only downside is that Gracie takes after her mama (my nick-name is Messy Nessy!) and is always making a mess of her food. Ice cream is NOT an exception. So I love the Wet-Naps because these kiddos can clean them self up before coming inside.
Oh, and Wet-Naps are now even better than before. They are even softer and stronger and they even moisturize with aloe. That’s so needed in this hot sandy dessert!
How do do you keep your kids clean during the messy summer months?
I’ll bet you’ll also love: