Sometimes, when your hubby has eaten nothing but Ramen Noodles and Scrambled eggs for 9 days, and has lost over 20lbs, you just give in when he asks for something…like Banana Bread. Well, especially cause it’s REALLY good. But mainly just to please the man who hasn’t eaten my cooking for well over a week.
- ⅓ cup shortening
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx. 2 large bananas)
- ½ cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients into medium bowl
- In Large Mixer; using a whip attachment, cream together the shortening and sugar. Then cream in both eggs until fully incorporated.
- switch to a mixing attachment, and slowly mix in the dry ingredients until a crumbly dough forms
- mash up your bananas (you can use a blender or food processor. I just use my pastry cutter!) and add into your dough. This will make the dough a little more runny. (If using nuts, add them here)
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Once finished baking (toothpick comes out clean) remove the bread from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack to prevent moisture from softening the crust.
- Slice and serve.
This bread is great both with nuts, and without. We did a loaf without them, this time, since the hubby can barely swallow (got his tonsils out). For a really sweet tooth, add in some chocolate chips or peanut butter chips and drizzle with a sweet glaze. YUM! My mouth is now watering!
Did you love this recipe? Remember to hit those share buttons below and share, pin, or tweet with your friends!
If you liked this post, you might also like: