If you are new to Our Thrifty Ideas, you missed the fun Holiday Card Magnet board the I featured over at Roberts Arts and Crafts Blog last year. So, I decided to post it here for you.
Holiday Card Magnet Board:
What you’ll need:
Most of my products are from the Karen Foster Design line
● 12 x 12 frame
● 12 x 12 piece of holiday paper
● Christmas embellishments
○ “Christmas” Stacked Statement by Karen Foster Design
○ Holiday Charms by Karen Foster Design
○ Holiday Chilly Cubes by Karen Foster Design
● Hole Punch
1. Start by punching 2 holes in the metal down about a 1/2 inch more than the width of your frame (my frame is about 1/2 inch wide, so I punched my holes 1 inch down) make sure to space out the holes evenly from each side!
2. Repeat the same on the paper (I found it easiest to lay my paper on top of the metal and poke it with a pencil to make the hole!)
3. Then put the paper and then the metal sheet into the frame.
4. I used the “Christmas” Stacked Statement from Karen Foster Design to embellish the bottom of the page to add extra detail.
5. Then tie the ribbon around the top, through both holes to hang your board!
Now for the magnets!
1. Just remove the backing on the chilly cubes and stick the magnet to the back! It really is that easy!
Now you are ready to use these magnets to hold up your Christmas Cards!
After stepping back and looking at the full thing, I realized it needed a little more detail to top it off! So I used on of the holiday charms in the upper corner, attached it to the ribbon, and voila!
This is a great way to display all of the cards that you receive, but now that you have the base and concept, you can use it year round for other cards or to display pictures!
Just switch out the ribbon, paper, and embellishments to match the season!! Birthday cards,Valentines celebrations, or even Back to School reminders would be perfect on this board!!