This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
Another crock pot meal you guys….anyone else excited?! We are now back to school which means I can now get excited for fall and all that it entails. Warm smells throughout the house, boots and warm socks, dinner cooking in the crockpot and warm blankets all cuddled up on the couch. All those great thought are one of the only things getting me over the fact that we are almost done with Summer.
The other day we had a cold (it got to a whole like 80• outside!) and rainy day so I made this delicious Cheesy Bacon & Ranch Potato recipe in the crockpot. It was a huge hit with the whole family, even with Will who typically isn’t a potato fan!
This recipe was created with Crystal Farms cheese, which is AMAZING!! Have you tried it before? I have to tell you that I bought the string cheese and within 2 days the kids, the neighborhood kids and my husband had eaten the whole package. We are now on our 3rd package just this month….and we aren’t even 2 weeks in!
- 6 medium red potatoes - cleaned & cubed
- 1⅓ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 mozzarella cheese sticks - sliced into thin circles
- 6 strips of bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ranch dressing seasoning
- Tin Foil Wrap
- Non stick spray
- Start by lining your crock pot with tin foil wrap, leaving enough excess at the top to wrap around the top of the food. Spray the foil with non stick spray.
- Place a thin layer of cubed potatoes on the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle ¼ish teaspoon of ranch seasoning. Then top with ⅓ cup cup cheddar cheese, one cheese sticks worth of circles and 2 strips of crumbled bacon. Repeat this 2 more times until all ingredients (except ⅓ cup cheddar cheese) are used.
- Cover all the potatoes with the excess foil and put on the crockpot lid. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Turn off/unplug the crockpot, uncover and top the potatoes with the remaining ⅓ cup of cheddar cheese, wrap again and let sit for about 10 minutes until fully melted.
- Serve immediately.
One of the things I love the most about this recipe is that it can pair with SO MANY THINGS. Throw a roast in another crock pot, BBQ some chicken, the possibilities are endless. What would you pair the potatoes with?
And a few other fun facts about Crystal Farms cheese. They are:
– A natural product with few preservatives
– A rich source of calcium
– Located in the refrigerated dairy section
– All products are gluten-free
– They are lactose tolerant
Now enter to win yourself a new Crock Pot!!! One lucky winner will get their own sent right to their front door.